Patient information Tear trough fillers /Tear Trough rejuvenation
View or save this information in PDF format
Before the procedure
- Stop taking aspirin, ibuprofen or any drugs that can increase bruising at least a week before the procedure, so long as it is medically safe to do so — ask your doctor if you aren't sure.
- Take two paracetamol tablets a few hours before the procedure, providing it is medically safe for you to do so — again, ask your doctor if you have any doubts.
- Don't drink alcohol on the day of the procedure, both before and after treatment — it can also exacerbate bruising.
After the treatment
- If you bruise easily, you may want to use a cold compress or ice pack after the treatment.
- Bruising may come out a day or so after the treatment but should fade within a week.
- You may have mild swelling, which should go down in between one and three weeks.
- Because of the possibility of swelling, Mr Malhotra will avoid overfilling the area on your initial visit — some patients may need a top-up a few weeks later to get the best result.
- Some patients experience some lumpiness, which can be evened out by massaging gently with your thumb.
Back to top